Friday, February 13, 2009

A warning for Valentine's Day - Never mess with young English Ladies...

Nothing to do with photography, but I came across these to videos a couple of days ago which I think are just great..

At first I thought they were modern comedic remakes in the manner of Harry Enfield's Mr. Cholmondley-Warner. Then I checked the British Pathe News archive catalogue and found out they really were made in 1933 and 1937 respectively

I love the image and style they present. And despite all the acrobatics you barely even see a knee. Miss May Whitley also uses her purse to good purpose.

I wouldn't be surprised if these to young ladies weren't parachuting into France with the SOE a few years later....









Ladies, now you know what to do when, "Please go away, I don't want to speak to you" doesn't work


1 comment:

erik chevalier said...

very funny. The first couple are from the Trocadero restaurant, i wonder if they did this show on a stage or among the tables